College and Career Counseling
K12 International Academy students have gained admissions to top universities and colleges around the world! We offer college and career counseling to students enrolled full-time in grades 9-12.
Our College and Career Counseling Program includes:
- The world’s most widely adopted comprehensive college and career planning “Family Connection” platform from Naviance to help connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
- Optional SAT/ACT Test Prep Program offered through Method Test Prep.
- K12 International Academy offers a special Concurrent (Dual) Enrollment program with the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). UMUC is an accredited higher education institution and leader in distance education. Eligible students have the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit, while enrolled in our school¹. Students interested in this option must have a minimum 3.5 un-weighted GPA, be 16 years or older and enrolled as a current full-time senior at the K12 International Academy. The UMUC program offers the following additional benefits to students:
- The student's K12 International Academy's College and Career Counselor assists with approval, enrollment and general support throughout the course;
- A UMUC Admissions Advisor personally works with approved students to guide them through the enrollment process;
- A full time student taking 2 credits per term (4 courses) and 1 UMUC course, course fees² are included in the FT K12 International Academy tuition paid.
- A full time student taking 6 International Academy courses per term, with a UMUC course as 7th or more, the family pays K12IA the full time International Academy tuition plus $1047 per course² directly to K12 International Academy.
- Students will be responsible for additional costs such as text books, course materials and transcripts from UMUC.
- Live Weekly sessions hosted by our Master's level Certified College Counselors, covering a wide range of topics related to the college admissions process including financial aid and scholarships, application submissions, letters of recommendation, NCAA eligibility and academic advising.
- Individual student conferences held through Skype, virtual classroom, or phone creates strong relationships to support student goals.
- Access to National K12 College and Career Workshops.
1Colleges and Universities have their own policies regarding acceptance of transfer credits from other colleges.
2Course fees cover both course and administrative fees.