K12 International Academy awarded scholarships for tuition-free enrollment for the 2016–2017 school year to five students who demonstrated both high academic potential and family financial need. Check back next Spring if you're interested in applying for 2017-2018.
Students who are awarded a scholarship will also receive:
- All services and support available to full-time students, including academic coaching, engagement monitoring, college counseling, and instructional support from certified teachers
- An assigned mentor who will meet regularly with the student and provide additional support, encouragement, and connections with other resources as necessary
- A laptop computer to use for the duration of the student’s enrollment at the school. All online and hands-on learning materials available to full-time students
Who Can Apply?
Students who are entering the 9th grade with a grade point average of 3.0 (letter grade B) and meet the scholarship’s economic needs guidelines.
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit (components: student essays, letters of recommendation, and Parent Information Form) and financial need.
- The scholarship committee will rate all required components on applications.
- Before final selection, candidates will be interviewed by phone or Skype.
- Scholarship recipients can expect to be notified in August.
- After final scholarship acceptances are completed, applicants who were not selected will receive e-mail notifications.
Our goal is to renew scholarships for all four years of high school for the awarded students. Annual scholarship renewal will depend on the student’s engagement and academic progress. To be eligible for renewal, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Maintain course pacing requirements, completing courses on time without extensions
- Meet attendance requirements as identified in the student handbook
- Participate in all mentoring meetings and activities unless excused by the mentor
For questions about the scholarship renewal process, e-mail scholarshipcommittee@K12.com.