College and Career Counseling
K12 International Academy students have gained admissions to top universities and colleges around the world! We offer college and career counseling to students enrolled full-time in grades 9–12.
Our College and Career Counseling Program includes:
- A widely-adopted, comprehensive college and career planning platform, Naviance Student, to help connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
- Optional SAT/ACT Test Prep Program offered through Method Test Prep.
- K12 International Academy offers a special Concurrent (Dual) Enrollment program with the University of Maryland University College (UMUC), Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) and Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA). Eligible students have the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit while enrolled in our school. Students can work with their Guidance Counselor to learn more about eligibility, course offerings and costs.
- Live Weekly sessions hosted by our Master's level certified guidance counselor, covering a wide range of topics related to the college admissions process including financial aid and scholarships, application submissions, letters of recommendation, NCAA eligibility and academic advising.
- One-on-one college and career planning sessions offered in the Spring to all 11th grade students and quarterly to all 12th grade students. Your guidance counselor is available as needed through Skype, office hours, or phone.
- Access to National K12 College and Career Workshops.